Dear Valued Customer
At Equifax Canada Co., our goal is to continue to earn your business each and every day. We recently communicated to you that we were enhancing our invoicing system based on customer feedback, and are now pleased to announce that you will start receiving our enhanced invoices soon. We hope that our new invoices exceed your expectations and make it easier to do business with us.
Please be aware that if you receive your invoices via email today, the invoice will be sent from a different email address: email@example.com. Please check your spam folder and take appropriate measures to ensure this email is not blocked in the future. You may need to add this email address to your company white list to allow incoming emails from this new domain.
Here are some of the highlights of our changes that you will see with the new invoices and invoice portal:
- Invoices will be published in a summary format; you may access our new portal to view and/or download your invoice details (please use the Equifax CIS Detail-format type when downloading detail).
- Invoices will contain an Adjustment Summary section with any credit/debit notes processed in the current period and a Statement of Account section which summarizes your account history. Here you will see a list of your invoices with open balances
- Our new portal allows you to pay your invoices online using a credit card or a chequing account.
Please note that to begin using the invoice portal, a unique enrollment token will be included with your first new invoice.
Please refer to the link below for help with using our new invoice portal: http://www.equifax.com/canadainvoiceoverview
This link features:
- Enrolling & signing into the portal
- Viewing your invoice via the portal
- Adding users & editing user information
- Paying your invoice via the portal
- How to read your invoice
Thank you for your patience during this transition and as always, thank you for choosing Equifax as your service provider.
Equifax Canada Co.